Lyon Dong is the head of V&T's cross-border business department. Lyon Dong graduated magna cum laude from both undergraduate and postgraduate. Lyon is so excelled during his campus life that he was honored as the student representative to attend Barack Obama’s Townhall Meeting. Prior to joining V&T, Lyon has consecutively worked for two leading U.S. international law firm for six years, and he is an associate at Jun He LLP Shanghai office for almost three years (including his full-time internship), where Lyon represents his clients on initial public offerings on the Shenzhen stock exchange, Shanghai stock exchange, Hong Kong stock exchange and American stock. He is also extensively experienced in a broad range of corporate transactions, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures and general corporate.
Lyon's professional qualifications not only cover practicing law in PRC, but he is fully qualified for PRC
securities market by passing all requisite Qualified PRC Securities Examinations.
Lyon is a native Mandarin speaker and is fluent in English.
University of Singapore LL.M
East China University of Politics and Science LL.M (Cum Laude)
Yantai University LL.B (Cum Laude)
Lyon has extensive experience handling the most complex cross-border transactions in the US, PRC, and around the world. He has worked at US international law firms and prestigious Red Circle, and he counsels both public and private companies on a wide range of corporate matters, including:
• US and China, cross-border and international mergers and acquisitions
• Private equity and strategic investments
• Spin-offs and split-ups
• Securities offerings and other capital-raising transactions
• Corporate governance
Representative cross-border transactions include:
• Rici Healthcare Holding Limited (1526 HK) in its pre-IPO financing and in its IPO on HKEX
• Zhejiang Hisun Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. (SSE: 600267) in its joint venture with Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) and their licensing agreements
• Simcere Pharmacy (NYSE: SCR) in its Chinese joint venture with MSD Pharmacy (NYSE: MSD)
• Pingan Group in its acquisition of a 100% equity interest in Shanghai Jahwa Group
• Shanghai International Group in its acquisition of a majority equity interest in Allianz Insurance
• SK Group, a Korean multi-national chemical corporation, in its purchase of a 100% equity interest in a Chinese chemical company In private equity financing.
Lyon has established many long-term relationships with domestic and international entrepreneurs and financial institutions. He has represented Sequoia Capital, Boyu Capital, CITIC Capital Partners, and other private equity firms in their financing of Chinese companies in a wide range of industries, but especially in the TMT and healthcare sectors. Lyon’s landmark deals of private equity financings include but not limited to, Bytedance, Didi Chuxing Technology Co., ZTO Express (NYSE ZTO), Rich Healthcare (1526 HK), and 500wan.com.
In capital markets, Lyon has served as legal counsel for numerous overseas publicly-listed companies for both PRC and US legal issues:
• Represented Mecoxlane, a leading online-shopping company, in its NASDAQ listing (NASDAQ: MCOX)
• Represented RDA, a top-tier micro-electronics company, in its NASDAQ listing (NASDAQ: RDA)
• Advised Goodbaby International Holdings Limited on its IPO (1086 HK)
• Advised Sun Art Retail Group Limited on its IPO (06808 HK)
• Advised KFM Kingdom Holdings Limited on its listing on the HKEX (03816 HK)
• Advised Golden Wheel Tiandi Co. Limited (01232 HK)
Lyon also speaks on a wide variety of topics in China related to foreign investments, and his articles on PRC legal issues have been published by Thomson Reuters, Lexis Nexis, Hong Kong Lawyer, Wolters Kluwer, Westlaw, and other international publications.